Topic: Setting up Expression Pedal

Hi, I am very confused and need guidance ! sad) I got myself a 6181 EB Expression pedal.  But I am having trouble setting it up, could anyone tell me in sortof a step by step way to set it up, I can't calibrate it, because I don't know how to set it up in the previous steps, (like shown in the manual), but I don't understand it. First of all, I am using one regular mono cable , from the G's pedal in (Exp) to my ernie ball pedal's in or out ? 

Once I am in the (pedals) menu, I am lost, btw, I am connected to the GFX1, not the floorboard.
ThX for any help.

Carvin Legacy Half-Stack ~ Ibanez RG-570 w/ Dimarzio Evo's ~ TC Electronics G-System ~ Keeley DS-1, EB JR Expression, Morley Bad Horsie II Pedal, Morley Volume Pedal

Re: Setting up Expression Pedal

So in a clearer picture, I'd like to know what kind of cable I need, and how to connect it properly, and finally, how to set it up properly once in the (pedals) menu.  Calibrating, selecting which parameters to control, I understand all of that.

Carvin Legacy Half-Stack ~ Ibanez RG-570 w/ Dimarzio Evo's ~ TC Electronics G-System ~ Keeley DS-1, EB JR Expression, Morley Bad Horsie II Pedal, Morley Volume Pedal

Ok Im also having trouble calibrating, but that could be because my settings are not right in the first place, when it says, set min, I press enter, and nothing, and max goes to 11 ?? anyhow, plz help sad

Anyone??, plz

It's been some time since I used my GS.

I used to use a Y-cable...then I switched to a simple mono cable from the pedal's output. Works just as well either way (note that a re-calibration is required if you switch the type of cable you use).

From memory:

- plug mono cable into pedal's output...plug other end into GS' GFX1 'exp' input
- make sure that you've told the GS what type of pedal you've connected to the GFX1 'exp' input...experiment with this setting: the 6181 is really a volume pedal for active guitars...try 'vol' them try 'exp' (pedals menu)
- calibrate min-max
- set up which parameter(s) you would like to control (edit > enter > enter)
- job done!

It was that simple for me...never had any problems (also had good experience with Roland EV-5 and EB 6180 for volume).

Cheers, David.

Soundclick

Ok Great, il try that, only one thing though, about the calibration, I can't get it to calibrate, once it says to set min, (heel down), I don't get anything, i press enter and, nothing happens, ?