Topic: DESKTOP KONNTAKT 6 - Problem with DRIVERS for WIn 7 64 bit

Hello everyone ... I have a problem with drivers for windows for this audio device.   I have Mac Book Pro and the drivers for MAC work perfectly .... but for WINDOWS I have big problem with them .... So ... I downloaded  64 bit drivers for windows from the software support ...
Installed, after that I saw on control panel, they are  32 BIt not 64 ..... OK ...I have drivers 32 bit but Windows Can not Find like audio interface my TC ELECTRONIC ECKTOP KONNTAKT 6
I uninstall drivers .... Downloaded 32 bit for windows ..... and than When I try to Install this drivers .... It's gave me WARNING .... You Can't Us Installer 64 bit on 32 bit Operation System .... WTF ... my system OS its Windows 7 64 bit ... I have a lots of programs installed with 64 bit version and work perfectly .... Whats happened here .... Please help me ..... Thanks in advance ...

Last edited by joyglory (2013-01-15 21:06:18)

Re: DESKTOP KONNTAKT 6 - Problem with DRIVERS for WIn 7 64 bit

There are new beta drivers available for 64 bit.  They should be finalized soon (hell, they've been working on them for years so they ought to be).

I run a 64 bit Win 7 system w/ no problems on the old drivers.  Sometimes it is the firewire.  TI is the best, tho I'm using a VIA chip w/ no problems.  Hopefully one of the mods will stop by, but in the meantime put in a problem report.  They will most likely tell you to do that anyway.

After 3 hours I found the problem with my firewire, I mean .... why my firewire doesn't work like 1394 smile ? Briefly: I have to show my Win 7 work with this firewire like firewire .. I can't explain correct ( I read one POST in TEXAS INSTRUMENTS FORUM and there I found the answer )... something like that... anyway ...now everything work perfectly.  And btw YES my Firewire Hardware is DELOCK with TEXAS INSTRUMENTS CHIPSET .... so work very nice .. no problem ....

Last edited by joyglory (2013-01-17 20:58:03)

The 1394 bus driver that is included with Windows 7 replaces the 1394 bus drivers that were included with earlier versions of Windows. See this site for details

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/1 … dows7.mspx

You can try the following steps to fix our issue, This solved my initial problems with a Maxtor III OneTouch drive.

1- Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
2- Expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" node in the device tree on the right hand pane
3- Right click the host controller node select "Update driver software ..."
4- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
5- Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.
6. Choose the second option---1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.

I hope this can help you.

John Zhu