Topic: Powercore Element & Powercore PCI MK1

Hello,

Re: PC Element/pci mk1

Can I use either of these cards In Logic 9 under snow leopard?

If anyone is using them well under the above, please confirm.

Thanks

Anyone???

Last edited by btroberts (2012-02-12 13:02:16)

Re: Powercore Element & Powercore PCI MK1

Nobody got a clue?Seems a shame to throw them in the bin, when they could still be of use..

Anyone?

If you can squeeze PCI into PCIe you should be fine. Probably nobody cared to answer since this has lengthly been discussed.

Hello Hagen

I will not need to squeeze pcie into pci as I build my own mac with pci slots..(all of my software is legally bought)..therefore all I need to know is does the software/driver work..

I already run Motu card in my hack, because motu released a snow leopard driver for pci-x card simply because they know that some people build their own 'mac'..It works perfectly and my machine is better and more useful in the studio than an actual mac..I know because I also have a mac which I relegated to graphics work..lol

Please can you post where this has been discussed extensively? I could not see such a post..However your answer seems to suggest it should work..?

Thanks

Last edited by btroberts (2012-02-17 14:02:33)

btroberts wrote:

Hello Hagen

I will not need to squeeze pcie into pci as I build my own mac with pci slots..(all of my software is legally bought)..therefore all I need to know is does the software/driver work..

I already run Motu card in my hack, because motu released a snow leopard driver for pci-x card simply because they know that some people build their own 'mac'..It works perfectly and my machine is better and more useful in the studio than an actual mac..I know because I also have a mac which I relegated to graphics work..lol

Please can you post where this has been discussed extensively? I could not see such a post..However your answer seems to suggest it should work..?

Thanks

Ok, I thought you need a PCI/PCIe adapter, this topic has been discussed. From the driver point of view there are no big differences in regards of PCI/PCIe. So should be fine.
A thing that might pop-up is that we have seen some issues with PCI latency settings of some PCI(e) audio cards, leading to crackling, because PowerCore can be quite heavy on the bus. If you can ensure the correct PCI latency of the audio card or both card are on different busses you should be fine.

Much obliged for your answers and support.